General Discussion

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM
Just curious, whats the general consensus, has anyone gotten LyteBox for SharePoint up and running in their site? Any problems?
Nov 12, 2008 at 11:16 PM
This did not work for me...

The two web parts don't seam to be connecting...

LyteBox Code (simply displays a directory with the image folder, lytebox.js and lytebox.css)

LyteBox Photos  (this appears to working correctly)
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2008 at 3:21 AM
Hmm, make sure you used LyteBox Code to create a doc lib and LyteBox Photos to create a picture lib. It sounds like you have created both and they are working fine.. LyteBox code will just be a document lib with what you described. After you do this, you still have to create a page and add the content editor webpart (LB_WP_Javascript.dwp) and data view web part (LB_WP_PhotGallery.webpart). If you have done this, what do you see on the page after adding both web parts? Maybe a screenshot would help.
Nov 16, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Edited Nov 16, 2008 at 11:51 PM
I set it up last week.  Works exactly as described and looks great.  Only thing is when using a lot of photos (60 - 70) it makes the thumb view page quite long.

I am also looking for a slideshow that will handle video files.  Any advice?  Is this something Lytebox may do in the future?

Awesome work.
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2008 at 11:53 PM
Yeah, I could imagine the page would get too long with that many images. You could consider doing two pages each pulling from different picture libraries. As for video, I know LyteBox can run in an IFrame mode that can load pages into the LB window instead of images. You could use that to load pages that are loading videos... but you'd have to pioneer the implementation of that in SP. I have no immediate plans to look into it.
Aug 19, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I'm using this to display InfoPath web forms.  Works well so far. 

A couple other features I'd like to see, and may work on as time permits:

• I'd like to add the ability to make the box moveable ala http://dhtmlpopups.webarticles.org/movable.php.
  • Change the behavior of clicking on the background.  Currently this closes the control.
  • For InfoPath Forms support, detect when the form has been closed, and close the box.
Oct 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM

hey, I just installed this and it's working perfectly fine in SharePoint in english language, but in portugues it isn't working properly. I mean, it isnt working. I really want to use LyteBox but it looks like just work in english language, that's true? if it is, can you or me do anything to improve the LyteBox to work properly in portuguese language?

Thanks !

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I am using Lytebox on my site and it works fine. I have just one issue. Can I make sure all images popup in the same size? I am not able to see the prev/next buttons for very small  images.